Ambient Weather WS-2080 Wireless Home Weather Station
The Ambient Weather WS-2080 Wireless Weather Stations for home has four outdoor sensors to monitor temperature and humidity, wind speed, wind direction, and rain fall. The Ambient Weather WS-2080 is a wireless weather station, so it needs no cables, and can transmit to the indoor display up to 330 feet.
In addition to the outdoor base station and indoor LCD display, these weather stations for home can be connected to your PC. Weather data transfered to your PC is recorded to provide a history of weather information.
The Ambient Weather SW-2080 Wireless Weather Station has built-in weather alarms modes for temperature, humidity, wind chill, dew point, rainfall, wind speed, air pressure, and storm warnings. The LCD display monitor features forecast icons based on changing barometric pressure, which predicts upcoming weather events.
The Ambient Weather SW-2080 Weather Station is compact, easy to install, and reliable - all for a low cost.
Ambient Weather WS-2080 Wireless Home Weather Station – Features and Specifications
- USB port for easy connection to your PC with Free PC software
- All the weather data from the base station and weather history data with user adjustable measuring intervals can be recorded and uploaded to your PC
- Rainfall data (inches or millimeters): 1-hour, 24-hour,one week,one month and total since last reset.
- Indoor and Outdoor Temperature, Wind chill and Dew point temperature display (°F or °C)
- Records min. and max. temperature, humidity, wind chill, and dew point with time and date stamp
- Wind speed (mph, m/s, km/h, knots, Beaufort)
- Wind direction display with LCD compass
- Weather forecast tendency arrow
- Weather alarm warnings
- Forecast icons based on changing barometric pressure
- Barometric pressure (inHg or hPa) with 0.1hPa resolution
- Wireless outdoor and indoor humidity (% RH)
- Time and date with manual setting
- 12 or 24-hour time display,perpetual calendar, and time zone settings
- Alarm clock feature
- High light LED backlight LDC Display
- Wall hanging or free standing
- Low power consumption (over 2 years battery life for transmitter)
- Includes: Receiver, Four outdoor sensors: thermo-hydro transmitter, wind speed sensor, wind direction sensor and rain sensor
- Outdoor temperature range: -40°F to +149°F
- Indoor temperature range: 32°F to +122°F
- Humidity range: 10% to 99% (1% resolution)
- Wind speed: 0-100mph
- Measuring range air pressure: 8.85inHg – 32.50inHg
- Alarm duration : 120 sec
- Transmission range up to 330 feet (line of sight)
- Warranty: 1 year
Ambient Weather WS-2080 Wireless Home Weather Station – Reviews, Raves, and Complaints
To sum up most of the reviews, the Ambient Weather WS-2080 Wireless Home Weather Station is a decent product at a good price. Most reviewers noted that given the cost, it is working as expected. Users thought these weather stations for home use were accurate and easy to install within 30-60 minutes. One user even noted that they had no problem sending the signal through a brick wall.
Most users had no complaints and thought their Ambeint Weather WS-2080 was perfect. They would buy again if it had to be replaced, and many bought this wireless weather station to replace a a different manufacturer’s product that stopped working.
The most notable complaint from users however was that the wind gust sensor was not as accurate as other weather stations, like the Davis 6250 Vantage Vue, which measures gusts every 2.5 seconds instead of 48 seconds. That means it’s not measuring all the gusts that happen in between that data sampling delay. However, this is common for economical weather stations.
The other comment from reviewers was that temperature readings were affected by the lack of a radiation shield, which can be purchased separately: Ambient Weather SRS100LX Temperature and Humidity Solar Radiation Shield. The shield helps protect sensors from direct sunlight, which can skew readings. Other users didn’t seem to notice.
Ambient Weather WS-2080 Wireless Home Weather Station – Weather Stations for Home Recommendation
Based on the reviews that were generally very pleased with the quality and value of the Ambient Weather WS-2080, Weather Stations for Home highly recommends this product for anyone interested in getting their first weather station, but isn’t ready to commit to a higher quality and higher priced Davis Weather Station, which are considered the industry leader. From what we’ve read, these are as good as any others on the market in this price range.
However, based on a the number of customers that were concerned, it is worth comparing your weather station to other temperature readings once it’s set up to see if the Solar Radiation Shield is a necessary component that can be added later.